THE FOUNDATION OF MINDFULNESS
Thriving from Within
3 Day Intensive Workshop:
This introductory workshop centers on the Intra-Personal aspect of Mindfulness. We will focus on understanding what mindfulness is and more importantly how to practice and live mindfulness from moment to moment. Developing a meaningful personal practice and experience is imperative for all later steps. If you answer yes to any of the below questions, this workshop is for you.
- Are you experiencing stress and anxiety due to volatile work environments, complex relationships and overwhelming responsibilities?
- Are you feeling distracted and having difficulty focusing at work?
- Are you having difficulty managing emotions in your relationships?
- Are you feeling insecure and lacking confidence in dealing with challenging personal and professional relationships?
- Are you having difficult time getting quality sleep, nutrition and exercise?
This foundational course draws on the new science research and experiential exercises to give participants a practical “toolkit” to use in their daily lives to not only reduce stress and improve emotional intelligence, but also gain confidence in their leadership presence.
The practice of mindfulness begins by calming, focusing, and observing your mind. In effortless mindfulness, you learn to shift immediately into a state of openness and awake awareness. You discover a natural state of thriving, creativity, and radical self-acceptance and compassion.
Objectives of the workshop
- Introduce basic theory, research, and practice of self-awareness for personal health and leadership
- Understand the root causes of stress, anxiety, and distractions and how to overcome them
- Become more skillful at applying mindfulness practices to all areas of your life
Tangible results from this program
Cope more effectively with both short - and long-term stress
Develop greater self-respect, energy, and enthusiasm for life
Improve emotional intelligence
Ability to accurately assess yourself
Improved self confidence
Practice shifting out of your chattering mind and into open-hearted awareness
Topics and practices too be covered:
- What is Mindfulness: Basic difiniton and origin
- Why Mindfulness: The science, theory, and evidence
- Myths of Mindfulness
- Foundational Technique: Breath observation
- Ebodied Practice: Power postures
- Formal vs. Informal Practices
- Becoming aware of unconscious emotions
- Everyday mindfulness: communicating, eating, walking, communication, sleeping and rest.
- The art of inquiry and beginners mind
- Working with the “monkey mind”
- Compassion Practice: Cultivating loving kindness
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Registration
- 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm Training
- 7:00 pm Evening Meal
- 6:00 am - 7:00 am Moment
- 7:00 am - 8:00 am Meditation
- 8:00 am - 9:30 Breakfast
- 9:30 am - 1:00 pm Training
- 1:00. pm - 3:15 pm Lunch
- 3:15 pm - 6:30 pm Training
- 6:30 pm - 8:45 pm Evening Meal
- 8:45 pm - 9:45 pm Movement
- 6:00 am - 7:00 am Meditation
- 7:00 am - 8:00 am Qi Gong
- 9:30 am - 5:30 pm Training