Saint Aidan's Haven,
a place to cultivate, collaborate, and celebrate
We host weekend retreats, salons, and workshops for small, curated groups. Our intention is to build an intimate community of seekers, entrepreneurs, and innovators, working together to create a space that nourishes the mind, body, and spirit.
Saint Aidan's is operated by MindKind Institute, in partnership with the Bluestone Farm and Living Arts Center, a 23-acre organic farm devoted to a vision of raising consciousness, building thriving community, and re-skilling for a sustainable future.
Our events are curated to ensure a diverse mix of personal and professional backgrounds, ranging from students to educators, artists to techies, activists to entrepreneurs, non-profit leaders and corporate executives. Our space is also available for off-sites and retreats for corporate teams and private groups.
We offer both private and shared bedrooms for groups of up to 22 people. Amenities include a meditation room, a communal dining room, workshop spaces with a library and fireplace, and an outdoor Japanese-style hot tub, in a humble and rustic farmhouse setting.
- June 2015
- July 2015
- August 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November 2015
- December 2015
- January 2016
- February 2016
- March 2016
- Apr 3, 2016 – May 1, 2016 April 21-Day Mindfulness Mission Apr 3, 2016 – May 1, 2016
- Apr 8, 2016 – Apr 10, 2016 Fourth Wave Women's Salon :: April Farm Salon Apr 8, 2016 – Apr 10, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Lead by Purpose :: Dinner + Workshop Event with The FEAST Apr 9, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 – Apr 24, 2016 Courageous Community Essentials Workshop Apr 22, 2016 – Apr 24, 2016
- Apr 29, 2016 – May 1, 2016 prime produce :: April Farm Salon Apr 29, 2016 – May 1, 2016
- May 2016
- June 2016
- July 2016
- August 2016
- Sep 16, 2016 – Sep 18, 2016 prime produce :: September Farm Salon Sep 16, 2016 – Sep 18, 2016
- October 2016
- Nov 4, 2016 – Nov 6, 2016 Unplug & Reset: A Farm Salon Retreat for Post-MBA Professionals Nov 4, 2016 – Nov 6, 2016
- Nov 6, 2016 – Dec 4, 2016 November 21-day Mindfulness Mission Nov 6, 2016 – Dec 4, 2016
- Nov 10, 2016 Feast On Purpose :: An Unusual Networking Dinner for Professionals Nov 10, 2016
- Nov 25, 2016 – Nov 27, 2016 prime produce :: November Farm Salon Nov 25, 2016 – Nov 27, 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 – Dec 11, 2016 prime produce :: December Farm Salon Dec 9, 2016 – Dec 11, 2016
- January 2017
- Feb 24, 2017 – Feb 26, 2017 prime produce :: Returning Fellows Farm Salon Feb 24, 2017 – Feb 26, 2017
- March 2017
- Apr 21, 2017 – Apr 23, 2017 prime produce :: Returning Fellows Farm Salon Apr 21, 2017 – Apr 23, 2017
- May 2017
- June 2017
- Jul 3, 2017 Group Coaching Informational Session Jul 3, 2017
- Jul 21, 2017 – Jul 23, 2017 FULL - prime produce :: July Farm Salon Jul 21, 2017 – Jul 23, 2017
- Jul 25, 2017 – Aug 22, 2017 July Mindfulness Mission Jul 25, 2017 – Aug 22, 2017
- Jul 30, 2017 – Aug 20, 2017 Mindfulness for Ease with Money Jul 30, 2017 – Aug 20, 2017
- August 2017
- Sep 7, 2017 Group Coaching Informational Session Sep 7, 2017
- Sep 22, 2017 – Sep 24, 2017 prime produce :: September Farm Salon Sep 22, 2017 – Sep 24, 2017
- Sep 29, 2017 – Oct 1, 2017 A Gathering of Friends: A Leadership Retreat Weekend Sep 29, 2017 – Oct 1, 2017
- October 2017
- Nov 2, 2017 Group Coaching Informational Session Nov 2, 2017
- Dec 7, 2017 Group Coaching Informational Session Dec 7, 2017
Home Nguyen has over 20 years' experience in personal leadership, mind-body practices, career development, executive coaching, and facilitating organizational effectiveness. His mission is to cultivate mindfulness and compassion, and to generate kindness, fulfillment, and joy in each person he works with.
In addition to his work at MindKind Institute, he is a training consultant at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, faculty member at Columbia's Teachers College and Graduate School of Business, and a doctoral candidate in Adult Learning and Leadership at Columbia University.
Leng Lim has 20 years' experience in leadership development, executive coaching, and workshop facilitation. He has coached senior executives in the US, Europe, and Asia at leading companies such as Prudential Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers, CIMB, the National University of Singapore, and in INSEAD's Executive Education programs.
He received his Master's in Divinity and MBA from Harvard, and has studied both in the ministry and in Eastern mindfulness meditation. Leng's unique perspectives bridge the outer world of business achievement with the inner world of mindfulness and wisdom.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are these salons about?
Each salon is organized around a particular theme or line of inquiry. Past themes have included: play, flow, movement, partnership, belonging, ownership, transition, and cultivation. Themes are decided for each salon, and serve to loosely guide conversation and relationship building.
How do I get to St. Aidan's Haven and Bluestone Farm?
If you are taking the train, we recommend you use the MTA trip planning website to view all possible train times. Once on the page, the Trip Planner is the rectangular column on the far right side of the page.
Once in Brewster, we recommend you call Manny's Taxi Service for a ride to the farm. Call 845.224.8352 or 845.279.1398 and mention that you are going to Bluestone Farm. If planning your trip in advance, you may also email them at: MannySTLC@gmail.com. The ride should cost no more than $10.
How much does it cost?
Guests are invited to contribute through their spirit of generosity and gratitude, and with the intention of "paying it forward" so that future guests may benefit from the same opportunity.
This is how the salon has self-sustained from January 2014 until the present day. You can make donations in cash or by Paypal to: email@example.com
What do I bring to the retreat?
In addition to an open mind, positive attitude, and personal toiletries, bring comfortable clothing you can wear while doing outdoor work, as farm chores may be included in the salon experience (depending on the season). We also recommend bringing a bathing suit and towel for the outdoor tub.
We will arrange your room, food, and just about everything else you need, including Wifi and a whiteboard if we need it.
What kind of food will be served?
The menu varies around simple vegetarian dishes that can be easily eaten interactively around a shared dining table. Please send any food allergies or strong preferences to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any other questions, please contact Home at email@example.com.