Fourth Wave Women's Salon :: June Farm Salon
Women's Salon retreats are small, intimate gatherings of women who meet for weekends of reflection, reinvigoration, and thought-provoking conversations.
Each retreat coalesces around a theme – past themes have included self-transcendence, play, and purpose. Salons offer participants a distinctive escape from the mad-dash pace of city life and provide dedicated time to care for our bodies, souls, and spiritual evolution.
Put simply, a Women's Salon is about women talking to women in order to explore, both directly and indirectly, life’s two most important questions—What is a life worth living? How do I actually live that life?—and in the process, to befriend wonderful people.
As guests, we agree to the following principles:
Compassion: On a retreat, every participant is seen, heard, and loved from the moment they walk in the door. The weekend is a practice in complete acceptance, acknowledging that all beings are beautiful exactly as they are.
Presence: Show up. Hit pause. Breathe. Put your phone away for a while. (Yes, there’s wifi, but it’s nice not to need it.) Come home to your body and give the weekend and your fellow participants the gift of your being.
Openness: Vulnerability and authenticity are cornerstones of the retreat experience.
Curiosity: Listening is every bit as important as sharing. Ask questions. Examine your assumptions. See every moment as an opportunity for new insight.
● Participants reserve one of eight slots by paying a $50 deposit (deposits are returned to participants, but are non-refundable if you don't show up).
● All fellows agree to arrive Friday evening and depart on Sunday afternoon. This creates a special, cherished experience that’s whole from start to finish.
● Each participant can volunteer to plan a workshop, activity, or discussion. (Ex. a group yoga class, a writing meditation, mini reiki sessions, tarot readings, etc.)
● Beyond that, participants can spend as much or as little time with the group as they’d like. All activities are optional. This is your weekend—do what feels best for you!
From the city, the house is 1hr 30min by train and cab, and 1hr 10min by car. There are multiple trains leaving Grand Central Station between 4pm and 6pm that will arrive between 5:30 and 7:30pm at Brewster Train Station.
● You will have a bed and possibly your own room. Bathrooms, kitchen, chores, and hot tub will be shared.
● Food will be provided and modified to suit any allergies or strong dietary preferences. Participants contribute to preparing meals.
PAYING IT FORWARD
Participants will be asked to make a donation reflecting what they feel is fair and able to contribute, so we may provide the same opportunities to future guests. The donation goes toward maintenance of the space. A recommended individual contribution for the full Friday-Sunday weekend is $70-$100 person. The $50 to reserve your fellowship slot may be put toward this donation.
If you have any questions, please email hosts Andi Bartz and Lara Grant at email@example.com.
Join our Next Salon
Our salons are carefully designed as occasions for intentional and intimate experience. If you would like to participate, please click below to pay the deposit and tell us a bit about yourself.
Participants reserve one of 8 slots by paying a $50 deposit (deposits are returned to participants, but are non-refundable if you don't show up).